martedì 13 novembre 2018

A dessert can change your mood

Sweet stars



After a stressful and hot school day, I missed the bus to go home. Waiting for the next one, I saw an Indian friend passing by, she saw me and came to greet me. I was so hungry that I asked her if she knew any good restaurant to have lunch. On the way she told me that her dream was to take me to India: an imaginary trip to a foreign country! That's what she did... ! She took me to a magical Indian restaurant to taste some special dishes. When we arrived there, I thought we were in another world: it was all decorated with flowers on the walls. At the entrance of the restaurant, a waiter dressed in a white tunic welcomed us and kindly brought us to our table.
There was a very good smell!
I started to imagine what dishes the chef was cooking in the kitchen. Then we tasted some dishes and they were delicious!

We congratulated the chef on the preparation of the dishes. While talking a bit about the recipes, the chef asked me if I knew any typical Albanian desserts: the Trilece immediately came into my mind. It’s a very well known dessert in Albania!

The very curious chef asked me if I could prepare it and I didn't wait a minute! After he tasted this delicious dish he congratulated me and asked for the recipe. Here it is!

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs 
  • 150 gr of sugar 
  • 170 gr flour 
  • 250 ml cream for dessert 
  • 1 l whole milk
  • 200 gr caramel



GLOSSARY 
Yolk: the yellow part of eggs.
White: the white part of eggs.
Cream for dessert: it is the fat part of the milk usually used to make dessert.
Whisk: to mix the ingredients with a blender.
Flour: the flour derives from cereal and it is used in cooking for dessert, bread, etc…
Dough: it is the mixing of flour and other ingredients in a recipe that can be baked and eaten.
Butter the pan: to grease the pan to ensure that the finished product doesn’t stick to the sides of the pan.
Caramel: it comes from sugar and water mixed together. It is used to cover desserts.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento