martedì 19 aprile 2016

It’s time to love


We have chosen this song because it is a love song and it passes down to us beautiful feelings, above all if you’re in love!
It’s fantastic to find a person who loves you as you love him/her.
The Goo Goo Dolls is an American band composed of three musicians, the typical punk-rock group: John Rzeznik (vocal and guitar), Robby Takac (bass and vocal) and Mike Malinin (drums).
Their name comes from True Detective magazine which advertised a doll called Goo Goo.

In 1998 Goo Goo Dolls were invited to write a song for the soundtrack of the Hollywood remake of "Wings of Desire" by Win Wenders: "City of Angels" with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan.
The song written was "Iris" and it had suffered a resounding success, leading the Goo Goo Dolls on top of the charts around the world.
The lyrics relates directly to the plot of the movie: an angel who falls in love with a girl, but she can’t see him since he's an angel. He feels so much love for the woman that he gives up his angelic being to stay with her and became real.
 The whole movie is a metaphor of the magic that surrounds a person when he/she falls in love: you disappear in front of the rest of the world and nothing is more important than having that person with you.
It's impossible to explain clearly what you feel, but what really counts is being understood by the persone you love!

Here is the lyrics:

And I’d give up forever to touch you
‘Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be
And I don’t want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
‘Cause sooner or later it’s over
I just don’t want to miss you tonight

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you’re alive

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am


Glossary:
Soundtrack: the recorded sound accompaniment to a film
Plot: the story of a play or a film
Breathe: to take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide; to respire
Tear: the clear salty solution secreted by the lacrimal glands, when human people cry, they produce tears
Lie: an untrue or deceptive statement used to mislead
Chart: a visual display of information
Give up:  not to fight difficulties., to renounce
Resounding: characterized by resonance, having a tendency to reverberate or be repeatedly reflected
Ain’t: it's a slang word (am not, is not, are not)



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento