mercoledì 11 maggio 2016

“Africa” - A tribute for the wars in Africa

Young Stev


“Africa” is the song recorded by me (Young Stev).
I have written the lyrics alone and I have sung it.
 The song talks about Africa.
It's a very nice song, I wrote the song thinking about a friend of my father who died very young because of a gunshot on December 8th 1999.
The song was written on January 9th 2015 and recorded atFresh African Composers Studio inc.
The first comments on this successful song could only come from a friend called Rich Boy, the president of the Fresh African Composers (the group I'm part of), who distributed and advertised the song and the soundtrack.
On December 12th 2015 the song came out to commemorate the date of Stev’s father’s friend.




A.F.R.I.C.A.
Many people dying for many reasons.
Because of war,
We don't have love.
We let our people die on the floor.
Jah gave us knowledge but we use it for money.
We never give a damn about the future coming.
Selfishness is killing us,
We never give a damn about somebody else.

(V. 1)

Uh.. Moma used to tell me,
Nigga you're stupid.
But I know that you can't do it,
never think about this foolish.
Many children in Africa, working for some shoes.
And now I know that you got many excuse to go to school.
Course we're living in a world,
Full of war,
Because of Yella stupid,
motherf*cker on the throne.
We were born to be kings.
Not to be losers.
Not to be losers like Mike Alex and Cooper.

(Hook)

A.F.R.I.C.A
Many people dying for many reasons.
Because of war,
We don't have love.
We let our people die on the floor.
Jah gave us knowledge but we use it for many.
We never give a damn about the future coming.
Selfishness is killing us,
We never give a damn About somebody else.

(V. 2)

All I want to say is : " Thanks to Jah"
For what he does,
He makes me get the muss.
Course all he always do,
Is forgiving and saving us.
One day I'll be like Nas.
Can't believe my life sometime.
At the age of six my grandma died and pass away.
My Daddy cried many times it was like he lost the way.
People fall everyday but we try to stay on.
Many people dying all because of starvation (Peace).

(Hook)

A.F.R.I.C.A
Many people dying for many reasons.
Because of war,
We don't have love.
We let our people die on the floor.
Jah gave us knowledge but we use it for many.
We never give a damn about the future coming.
Selfishness is killing us,
We never give a damn about somebody else.

Glossary
War: it is an armed combat between two or more countries or between different groups of people within the same country. As the soul singer Edwin Starr asked, "War! Huh! What is it good for?" Absolutely nothing.
Knowledge: to know or be aware of things.
Selfishness: the quality of not putting yourself first but being willing to give your time or money or effort etc. for others.
Throne: kings and queens sit on thrones on special ceremonial occasions, and so do religious figures such as bishops and popes.
Starvation: the act of depriving of food or subjecting to famine.
Soundtrack: a recording of acoustic signals
Jah: a name for the God of the Old Testament as transliterated from the Hebrew consonants
Give a damn: don't care
Many: If you have a great number of
Loser: A loser is the team or person that did not win or succeed
Nas: name of a rapper (singer)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento