mercoledì 11 maggio 2016

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

 JMC7

I wasn’t that type of guy that listens to rock music. I usually preferred the most commercial one, like some rap, pop, the Italian one… But that day I started loving that music genre!

It was a Saturday afternoon, my friend Giovanni and I were ready… We were ready to go to the betting shop like we do every week and place a winning bet... or at least to try to win!
During the trip Gio connected his phone to the car’s bluetooth, and he started playing some random songs.

Than he looked at me saying: “Listen to this!”

I don’t know... My first impression was how good that song was, how relaxing music can be.
So I tried to listen to it a few more times and then I fell in love!
I started listening to other similar songs and to other bands: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, etc. I loved them all, but this was the one that makes me appreciate this type of music, so... here it is!



The text talks about Jimmy, a guy that is in a psychological confusion, sadness and loneliness period.
He is in a lonely, silence and empty road and he is walking alone. This guy consideres this road like a house and the only place he has ever really known. In that street the only living things are his heart and his shadow and he sometimes has the wish that beside him there could be someone but “Till then I walk alone".


“Boulevard of broken dreams”

I walk a lonely road,
The only one that I have ever known,
Don't know where it goes,
But it's home to me and I walk alone,
I walk this empty street,
On the boulevard of broken dreams,
Where the city sleeps,
And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone,

I walk alone,

I walk alone,

I walk a..

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me,
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating,
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me,
'Til then I walk alone
I'm walking down the line,
That divides me somewhere in my mind,
On the borderline of the edge,
And where I walk alone,
Read between the lines of what's
Fucked up and everything's alright,
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive,

And I walk alone



Glossary:
Trip: a journey for some purpose (usually including the return)

Betting shop: a licensed bookmaker's shop where people may place bets, watch horse races etc on television, and collect their winnings
Appreciate: to recognize with gratitude, to be grateful for something
Sadness: emotions experienced when not in a state of well-being
Loneliness: sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned

Beside: postion of someone or sometingh near you

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento